Summer Institute Scholarship Application Information
STXSA encourages Suzuki Summer Institute study by providing assistance to students of active STXSA teacher members who desire to attend an SAA-approved Summer Institute. The number or scholarships and dollar amounts will be determined based on yearly donations and STXSA budget. One special scholarship, the "Ethan Atkinson Memorial Fund Guitar Scholarship" will be awarded specifically to a guitar student. In keeping with the Suzuki philosophy, these are not merit-based scholarships. The family's commitment to the Suzuki philosophy and financial need are considered. Our goal is to give partial assistance to support the student's, parent's, and teacher's vision for learning and growth.
- The teacher recommendation form should be mailed by the teacher directly to the committee
- The family must fill out the entire application including income information (view application for more info)
- The student must write an essay, not longer than one page, about why it is important to them to attend institute. The essay must be in the students' own words unless they are too young to write. The essay will be evaluated for clarity and thoughtfulness.
- The student must submit either a DVD or e-mail online format video of the student performing a polished piece. If the piece is performed with an accompanist, the soloist must be clearly and easily heard. The selection must be form the standard Suzuki literature.
- The selection process is as follows: The Committee will evaluate the following criteria, giving priority to students who have not attended an Institute before. The commitment of the family to the Suzuki Philosophy as described in the teacher's evaluation is the primary consideration. Secondary considerations are the family income, the strength of the essay and the recording. (view application for more info)
- All applications must be postmarked by the deadline. Late applications will not be accepted
- Mail the completed application, essay & DVD to:
Click here for teacher recommendation form