Student Scholarship Application Information
- Scholarship Student Application & payment Deadline: January 26, 2018 Please send to Rosemary Jodeit (26 Burnham Circle, Sugar Land 77478) Also send in Teacher recommendation.
- Scholarship CD's or MP3's due to Rosemary Jodeit by Jan 26, 2018
- Scholarship Winners announced March 1, 2018
Parent information & Student Scholarship application Here: 2017 Student Scholarship App (for 2018)
Teacher Recommendation form Here: 2017 Scholarship Teachr Lttr (for 2018)
STXSA gives up to $1,500.00 of student scholarships a year for those who are eligible.
4- $300 Student scholarships
1 - $150 Student scholarship
1 - Guitar Student scholarship
Objective: To promote Suzuki Summer institute study by providing assistance to students of active STXSA teacher members who desire to attend an SAA approved Summer institute.
Eligibility: Student's teacher must be a current active member of STXSA. Students should be beyond the Twinkles in their studies, but this is not required. In keeping with the Suzuki philosophy, this is not a merit-based scholarship, but a partial assistance to support a student's or parent's vision for institute training.
- The teacher recommendation form should be mailed by the teacher directly to the committee
- The family must fill out the entire application including income information (view application for more info)
- The student must write an essay, not longer than one page, about why it is important to them to attend institute. The essay must be in the students' own words unless they are too young to write. The essay will be evaluated for clarity and thoughtfulness.
- The student must submit either a DVD or e-mail online format video of the student performing a polished piece. If the piece is performed with an accompanist, the soloist must be clearly and easily heard. The selection must be form the standard Suzuki literature.
- The selection process is as follows: The Committee will evaluate the following criteria, giving priority to students who have not attended an Institute before. The commitment of the family to the Suzuki Philosophy as described in the teacher's evaluation is the primary consideration. Secondary considerations are the family income, the strength of the essay and the recording. (view application for more info)
- All applications must be postmarked by the deadline. Late applications will not be accepted
- Mail the completed application, essay & DVD to: Rosemary Jodeit (26 Burnham Circle, Sugar Land 77478)