The Twenty-First Annual Ribbon Festival
Date: Saturday, April 14, 2018
Time: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm (Please arrive 30 minutes before your scheduled performance time.)
Place: Sagemont Church (11300 S. Sam Houston Pkwy East, Houston, TX 77089)
Fee: STXSA Family Members: $12 per soloist, $9 per ensemble member (Not a Member? Add $15)
Deadline: Friday, March 16, 2018
Chairs: Aimee Petersen (832-526-6715) and Rachel Carlton (832-525-9120)
Attire: Formal concert dress. No sneakers, jeans, or t-shirts, please.
- Parents, friends and family members are welcome to attend.
- Videotaping: please feel free to record your child's performance.
- Photos: please do not take flash photos until after the entire group has performed.
- Please instruct children to respect the location, its property and grounds. Everyone should be on his or her best behavior.
- Students may perform one or two of their most polished pieces (not their newest piece). If performing two pieces, we suggest choosing selections from two contrasting periods.
- Music may be chosen from the Suzuki literature or outside the literature.
- Students must perform with piano accompaniment.
- All solo music must be memorized. Ensembles may use music.
- Each student must provide their original sheet music with measures numbered for the clinician. No photocopies allowed.
- There will be no refunds.
Student Information & Application
Download Student Application: STXSA Ribbon 2018- Student [return to teacher]
Student Deadline: Friday, March 16, 2018
Teacher Information & Application
Download Teacher Application: STXSA Ribbon 2018- Teachers [return to Aimee Petersen]
Teacher Deadline: Monday, March 19, 2018 (Postmark Deadline)
- Please instruct students to respect the location, its property and grounds. Everyone should be on his or her best behavior.
- It is the teacher's responsibility to make sure their students have an accompanist and are adequately rehearsed prior to the festival, there may not be a piano available in your warm-up room that day. Also, we will not have an accompanist on staff that day.
- It is the teacher's responsibility to provide one completed comment form for each student performing. Please present all comment forms to the clinician before your students begin their performance. If the student is performing more than one advanced work, please provide the clinician one comment form per piece.
- It is the teacher's responsibility to insure that each student has their original sheet music with measures numbered for the clinician. No photocopies allowed.
- Each teacher will be assigned one block of time. If you have a large number of students performing, you may wish to divide your class into smaller segments within your assigned block of time. If you only have a few students, you may wish to combine with another teacher and share a block of time. Please time all pieces accurately so that the entire festival will run smoothly.
- Teachers may request a time slot. The chairman will accommodate requests if at all possible.
- Teachers will be notified by the Ribbon Festival Chair regarding their studio arrival time.
- Please plan to arrive before your students' arrival time, approximately 45 minutes before the scheduled performance time.
- Teachers must attend and remain with all of their students during their performance.
Send all student application forms, master registration form and checks to
Aimee Petersen, 4511 Box Turtle Ln., Fulshear, TX 77441
Postmarked by March 19, 2018.