20th Annual Ribbon Festival
Ribbon Festival is an adjudicated recital opportunity for students of STXSA Teachers. Many studios will be performing at the same location on the same day. Each student performing will receive a participation ribbon/medal and teachers will receive comment sheets from judges for each student.
Date: Saturday, April 1, 2017
Time: 8:00 am - 3:00 pm
Place: Tallowood Baptist Church (555 Tallowood Road, Houston, TX 77024)
Fee: STXSA Family Members: $12 per soloist, $9 per ensemble member (Not a Member? Add $15)
Deadline: Friday, March 3, 2017
Chair: Meredith Harris
Attire: Formal concert dress. No sneakers, jeans, or t-shirts, please.
- Students may perform one or two of their most polished pieces (not their newest piece). If performing two pieces, we suggest choosing selections from two contrasting periods.
- Music may be chosen from the Suzuki literature or outside the literature.
- Students must perform with piano accompaniment.
- All solo music must be memorized. Ensembles may use music.
- Each student must provide their original sheet music with measures numbered for the clinician. No photocopies allowed.
- Please instruct children to respect the location, its property and grounds. Everyone should be on his or her best behavior.
- Parents, friends and family members are welcome to attend.
- Videotaping: please feel free to record your child's performance.
- Photos: please do not take flash photos until after the entire group has performed.
- There will be no refunds.
Deadline: Monday, March 6, 2017 (Postmark Deadline)
- Please instruct students to respect the location, its property and grounds. Everyone should be on his or her best behavior.
- It is the teacher's responsibility to make sure their students have an accompanist and are adequately rehearsed prior to the festival, there may not be a piano available in your warm-up room that day. Also, we will not have an accompanist on staff that day.
- It is the teacher's responsibility to provide one completed comment form for each student performing. Please present all comment forms to the clinician before your students begin their performance. If the student is performing more than one advanced work, please provide the clinician one comment form per piece.
- It is the teacher's responsibility to insure that each student has their original sheet music with measures numbered for the clinician. No photocopies allowed.
- Each teacher will be assigned one block of time. If you have a large number of students performing, you may wish to divide your class into smaller segments within your assigned block of time. If you only have a few students, you may wish to combine with another teacher and share a block of time. Please time all pieces accurately so that the entire festival will run smoothly.
- Teachers may request a time slot. The chairman will accommodate requests if at all possible.
- Teachers will be notified by the Ribbon Festival Chair regarding their studio arrival time.
- Please plan to arrive before your students' arrival time, approximately 45 minutes before the scheduled performance time.
- Teachers must attend and remain with all of their students during their performance.
Send all student application forms, master registration form and checks to the appropriate Chairman listed on the form by March 6, 2017.